Consecration of the Federation of North-American Explorers to the Sacred Heart of Jesus and Enthronement of the Sacred Heart within our FNE family on the Feast of the Sacred Heart – June 27, 2014
What is it?
On June 16, 1675, Our Lord Jesus Christ appeared to a nun of the Order of the Visitation in Paray Le Monial in southeastern France and said: “Look at this Heart which has loved men so much, and yet men do not want to love Me in return. Through you My divine Heart wishes to spread its love everywhere on earth.”
Margaret Mary Alacoque was born in Burgundy, France on July 22, 1647. As a child, she was suffering from rheumatic fever and stayed in bed for four years due to the disease. During that time, she developed an intense devotion to the Blessed Sacrament and made a vow to the Blessed Virgin Mary to enter a convent as a nun.
As a result, the Blessed Virgin Mary visited her and healed her. Mary asked her to give her life to God and later on, after having seen a vision of Christ’s scourging, she entered the Order of Our Lady of the Visitation at Paray le Monial at the age of 23.
Shortly after, Our Lord was visiting her asking her to be the instrument of the devotion to His Sacred Heart. Our Lord gave her also the promises attached to this devotion.
The Twelve Promises of Jesus to Saint Margaret Mary for those devoted to His Sacred Heart:
- I will give them all the graces necessary for their state of life.
- I will establish peace in their families.
- I will console them in all their troubles.
- They shall find in My Heart an assured refuge during life and especially at the hour of their death.
- I will pour abundant blessings on all their undertakings.
- Sinners shall find in My Heart the source of an infinite ocean of mercy.
- Tepid souls shall become fervent.
- Fervent souls shall speedily rise to great perfection.
- I will bless the homes where an image of My Heart shall be exposed and honored.
- I will give to priests the power of touching the most hardened hearts.
- Those who propagate this devotion shall have their names written in My Heart, never to be effaced.
- The all-powerful love of My Heart will grant to all those who shall receive Communion on the First Friday of nine consecutive months the grace of final repentance; they shall not die under my displeasure, nor without receiving the Sacraments; My Heart shall be their assured refuge at that last hour.