by Paul Ritchi, Founder, FNE Explorers
We are looking for good people from all walks of life and backgrounds volunteer their services to make a positive difference in the life of a child, to leave a positive impact that will help each youth member become a better person, to grow into responsible, successful, loving, and happy, members of our Catholic / Christian faith community and within society at large.
Ten great reasons to become a leader:
- To live and promote through example our Catholic Christian faith with the youth entrusted to our care. As Jesus said – Let the children come to me. Will you help our youth reach out to Christ?
- Fun with our youth and your fellow leaders in same gender programs
- Develop friendships that will last a life time
- Nature… explore and better appreciate what God has made for us all
- Outdoors, environment, camp, canoe, hike, come and share and experience the excitement
- Be part of a great team of volunteers, learn from others!
- Develop new personal skill sets (communication, coordination, planning) and how to become an effective leader
- Set and achieve personal developmental goals or objectives by being a leader
- Gain a sense of accomplishment and peace as you work and play with our youth and your fellow leaders
- Truly make a positive difference in the life of a child, help them choose the right path in life
Requirements … no previous program experience is required, potential volunteers need to undergo a police and background check … from there only a desire to serve, to become part of our Explorer family, and to do ones best … you won’t be disappointed!
Can we interest you in giving this request further consideration?
We provide the uniform, pay for the membership fee and training as programs of interest become available. Meetings are held one evening a week (during the school year) along with seasonal weekend camping experiences (generally three weekends per year). A summer camp experience (ranging from 3 to 13 days in length) is generally offered to all interested parties pending the age of the youth and leadership availability.
To ensure no potential confusion, we are associated with the FSE (International Union of Scouts and Guides of Europe – FSE) a Catholic faith based Scouting and Guiding movement some 55,000 members strong, active in some 17 different countries. Our FNE movement is in no way associated with the Boy Scouts of America or the Girl Scouts of the USA. We are an all-volunteer movement that plans to grow to more areas within the Delaware Valley over the next few months and years.
Please consider our offer. If you elect to get involved you won’t be disappointed!
Paul Ritchi, Founder
Federation of North-American Explorers